Whether you should shave or trim your beard is a question that most men struggle for an answer. Well, the simple answer would be, it depends on your choice. Still, there are a few factors that you need to consider, before you decide, which of the two is suitable for you.
Shaving vs Trimming – Which one is the right choice for you?
Shaving has quite a bad reputation regarding the ingrown hair. When you shave your beard repeatedly, daily or frequently, there is a tendency for the short hair follicles to go back into the skin. This happens when the hair follicles bed back and go deep into the skin. This looks like small black bumps on the skin and this creates a look that is unwanted.
Avoiding ingrown hair while shaving:
To avoid ingrown hair if you have to shave,
- Shave with a sharp razor
- Wet the skin and use good lubricators
- Use lesser strokes
Top 7 Best Selling Electric Shavers online in India
Bestseller No. 1 Philips Aquatouch AT620/14 Electric Shaver
- Skin protection system
- 100 percent waterproof
- Close Cut blades glide gently for a smooth, close cut
- 30+ shaving minutes, 10 hour charge
- Pop-up trimmer: perfect for sideburns and mustache
Bestseller No. 3 Philips AT600/15 AquaTouch Wet and Dry Electric Shaver
- Ergonomic easy grip
- Wet and dry cleaning and fully waterproof
- Display: 1 LED indicator and shaving time: 30plus minutes, up to 10 shaves
- Operation: Rechargeable battery, cordless use and charging time: 10 hours
- Display indicates: Battery low, charging
Bestseller No. 4 Philips AquaTouch AT610/14 Men's Shaver (Black)
- Aquatec - refreshing wet shave with foam or an easy dry shave
- 10 hours charge gives 30+ minutes of cordless power
- Unique ergonomic grip for extra precision and full control
- 2 years Philips India warranty and additional 1 year extended warranty through online registration on Philips India website
Bestseller No. 7 SYSKA SH0360 Shaver (Metallic)
- 360° Rotary Shaver
- High precision and utra-thin shaving heads for a close, comfortable shave
- Double track design increases 50% touch area and shaves more quickly
- Charging Time: upto 8 hours
- Working Time: up to 60 minutes
If you want to avoid this, trimming is a better option. Trimming will ensure that the hair follicles are left undisturbed and they have no chance of going back into the skin. If you can afford, then have stubble, so that you do not have to shave or trim too close to the skin. Thus, ingrown hair can well be avoided.
India’s best top ten beard trimmers for men
Top ten Philips Brand men’s beard trimmers to buy online in India
Clean, beardless appearance:
But of course, trimming cannot provide you with a clean shaved appearance. If a clean shaved look is a must for you, it is only shaving that can offer you so.
Trimming only cuts the extended beard and gives a shape and size, so that you do not get an untidy appearance. For professional sectors like offices and meetings, where a clean and beardless appearance is a must, shaving is the only option.
If skin irritation is a concern that always troubles you, shaving is not the choice for you. Regardless of the type of razor that you choose, when you use a razor, it will always rub against your skin. Thus, skin irritation is a problem that you will have to face.Trimming is the best choice here.
Top 6 Best Selling Trimmers online in India
Bestseller No. 1Bestseller No. 1 Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless for Men QT4001/15
- Long lasting performance due to DuraPower technology .Up to 45 minutes of cordless power after 10 hours of charging.
- Skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth trimming .10 lock-in length settings, 1 - 10mm with 1mm precision.
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades
- The product should be charged for uninterrupted 8 Hours before initial use. This product is not suitable for direct plug and use.
Bestseller No. 2Bestseller No. 2 Philips Beard Trimmer Cordless and Corded for Men QT4011/15
- Long lasting performance due to DuraPower technology
- Up to 90 minutes of cordless power after 1 hour of charging
- Skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth trimming
- 20 lock-in length settings, 0.5 - 10mm with 0.5mm precision
- Self-sharpening titanium blades
Bestseller No. 3Bestseller No. 3 Philips BT1212/15 Beard Trimmer (Green)
- This beard trimmer comes with a USB cable for more flexible charging via your computer or any USB adaptor. The adaptor is not included.
- DuraPower - trimmer is 4 times more durable and backed with 2 years warranty
- Up to 30 minutes of cordless use after 8 hours charging
- Skin-friendly rounded tips for smooth trimming
- Stainless steel blades for long-lasting sharpness
Bestseller No. 5Bestseller No. 5 Nova NHT-1045 Rechargeable Cordless Beard Trimmer for Men ( Black )
- Charge the product For 8 Hours Before Initial Use. And this product is not suitable for direct plug and use.
- Removable Rechargeable Battery and the product can be charged only with Charging Cable.
- Rechargeable Cordless Trimmer with High Precision Trimming Range 0.25Mm, 6Mm, 9Mm.
- High Grade Stainless Steel Blades, Upto 30 Minutes Of Cordless Use
- 12 Months Nova India Warranty
How to reduce irritation:
In case you want to reduce the irritation, as clean shaved and beardless appearance is a must, you can follow these steps –
- Wet the skin and beard before shaving
- Shave in the direction and not against the direction that your beard grows
- Always replace the blades in regular intervals
- Apply glycerin, emollients or other skin moisturizers on the skin, after shaving every time.
In case, shaving always irritates your skin, regardless of how much you take care of the razors or your skin, trimming is the best alternative to manage your grown up beard. However, for that you need to trim as close to your skin as possible and this requires skill and practice.
Best Electric Shavers for men to buy online in India
Best manual razors for a clean shave
The next factor that would impact your choice is the factor of safety. If you are not skilled or practiced in shaving, there are chances that you will cut the skin along with your beard or facial hair.
If you are afraid of that, you must choose the alternative,that is trimming. Trimming ensures that there are no cuts, as the trimmer hardly comes in contact with the skin. Consequently, cuts are the least that is possible. Therefore, if you are not confident with safety of shaving, trimming is a better choice.
If you are running low on time, trimming is a better choice as it takes less time. Shaving takes more time than trimming. Hence, your choice must be dependent on the amount of time that you can afford to spend.
With these factors in mind, you will be able to decide on which will be the best choice for you – shaving or trimming. The preferences must be directed by these factors, so that your shaving or trimming experience is a comfortable one.
ALSO READ: Best Electric shavers with cost under 2000 rupees in India
Best Beard trimmers with cost under 2000 rupees in India
(Visited 9,633 times, 18 visits today)