Gillette shaving razors were invented by King C. Gillette in 1901 as an alternative to the expensive razors and cut-throats which were used by the people that time to shave. The earlier razors used to give a painful and rough shave to the user but Gillette safety razors changed this.
Gillette has been dishing out various kinds of razors which are innovative in design and give a smooth shave. The blades are long lasting and disposable. The first safety razor which had a disposable blade was dished out by Gillette in 1903.
Subsequently, popular razors like “aristocrat” and “blue blade” were introduced in 1930’s.The Gillette shaving razors have come a long way from their humble beginning, when the razors had only one blade.
Now Gillette offers a wide variety of razors for both men and women, although they predominately are market leaders of Men’s shaving razors. They currently produce Mach 3, Vector and Fusion series for men and Gillette Venus Razor for women. The brand is now owned by multinational corporation Procter and Gamble (P & G).
Gillette Vector 3 Razor Main Features :
The Vector 3 Series shaving razors belong to the Vector series of safety razors from Gillette. These are the successors to the Vector Plus and Vector which were popular because of their low cost and for providing relatively good shave.
As opposed to the Vector Plus and Vector which had 2 blades, Vector 3 has 3 blades made of stainless steel which are self-adjusting . It has a pivoting head which can adjust to the shape of the face thus easing the shaving process.
The handle is made of plastic with rubber grip on it which prevents slippage of the razor while shaving. It has a lubricating strip.
The strip consists of Aloe Vera extracts which helps in treating and protection of the skin and it also has nutrients which penetrate the skin, thus nourishing it.It also acts as a lubricant and it allows the razor to glide through the beard thus giving a clean and painless shave.
When the strip color fades, the blade has to be changed as the quality of shave will be reduced. Since its launch in 2013 , various models of Vector 3 have been introduced with each model having a slight improvement over the preceding one. It is by far the cheapest men’s manual razor of good quality you could buy in India.
CHECK ALL OTHER FEATURES FROM AMAZON
Gillette Vector 3 Men’s Razor Review:
- It has a sleek design and is very light.
- It costs lesser than most of other three bladed razors
- The lubricating strip is very effective
- The cartridges are easily available in the market and are quite cheap compared to other razors.
- It is easy to rinse and clean the blades.
CHECK ALL OTHER FEATURES FROM AMAZON
- It gives a ‘plasticky’ feel to the user
- The blades seem to be of a low grade stainless steel, as they wear out quickly thus causing irritation to the skin.
- Some users have complained that though the blades are inexpensive, they wear out soon thus the need to replace them arises which increases the expenditure.
- The blades are not sharp enough which is another major drawback.
- The alignment of the blades seems to be wrong as a close shave is not possible.
- There also seems to be a problem with the locking of the blade to the body as it has a tendency to come off, thus end up causing cuts.
- Proper shaving is not possible when shaving is done with the razor in upside down position.
Gillette Vector 3 Razor is quite good, but its cons outweigh its advantages. The best alternative to Gillette Vector 3 is Gillette Mach 3 Razor , which costs a little more than Vector 3 but produces a very clean shave.
If your budget is limited and looking for a low cost but with some good quality razor then you should go ahead and buy Vector 3 razor for yourself.
BUY THIS RAZOR FROM AMAZON
Always buy a razor along with blades which could save you some money.Buy 4 or 8 or 12 cartridges depending the money you could afford one time and this could help you to get close to 4 to 6 months worth of shaving material with one time investment.
Recommended for Reading:
Electrical Shaver vs Manual Razor – Which is Good for First time Shaver
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor for men Review
(Visited 1,490 times, 1 visits today)